About the Internship: At Magma Capital Funds we aim to deliver consistent, elevated returns for our investors irrespective of volatility and market conditions. We strive to meet investors at the intersection of IQ and EQ. We approach privilege with humility and act to empower those with less resources. We are a team that aims to be optimistic, curious, and autodidactic in all that we do. You will join our Quantitative Research team for 10 weeks from June 2021 until August 2021. You will participate in several projects and get a ton of hands-on experience in the world of quantitative research. We look forward to having you join us this Summer!
To apply please email your resume to Brooke Stratman at Bstratman@magmacapitalfunds.com
- Work with our Quantitative Research team to conduct statistical analysis of market data, historical trends, and relationships across multiple assets.
- Apply mathematical modeling and quantitative methods to identify and capture trading signals.
- Work closely with traders and researchers to build and refine trading models and strategies.
- Develop trading strategies using statistical and machine learning algorithms.
- Proficient python programming skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including a solid foundation of statistics knowledge.
- Experience in building neural network models
- Great written and verbal communication skills to report research results as well as methodologie
- Problem solver
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker
- Team player
- Relentless optimizer
Perks/Benefits: We are committed to a culture of exceptionalism, positivity, diversity of thought, and fun. As an employee of Magma Capital Funds, you are invited to participate in team outings, opportunities for education,and a collaborative team environment. Magma Capital Funds is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics (gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.) We want all employees (including executives and HR) to treat others with respect and professionalism. In practice, this means that we:
Hire and promote people based on skills, experience or potential and try to reduce bias in every process (e.g. through structured interviews.
Make accommodations to help people with disabilities move about safely on our premises and use our products, services and equipment.
Apart from those actions, we commit to penalizing every discriminatory, offensive or inappropriate behavior. To do this properly, we ask you to report any discriminatory action against yourself or your colleagues to HR. Our company will not retaliate against you if you file a complaint or discrimination lawsuit. Any employee who retaliates or discriminates will face disciplinary action.